Friday 11 October 2013

Getting my teeth into Fundamentals

Like everyone who starts on the road to Google adsense qualification, i've started with the Advertising Fundamentals. The pdf for this section is over 400 pages long, covering 11 lessons and everything you will need to pass the exam. However, in saying that, a lot of the information is difficult to process if you don't have an adsense account.

Luckily, my previously dormant Adsense account has now become very useful during my studies. Reading through the Fundamentals pdf and being able to jump across to my Adsense account gives me practical experience to relate to the text, something i think is invaluable for anyone looking to take the exam.

My method of study involves taking notes and condensing the text down, i've managed to keep it to 48 pages so far and its taken me a week of reading through it. In fairness, a lot of the original documentation from Google does tend to repeat itself as you read through it. Although this does make it more time consuming, it also helps to retain the information.

Next step is to find some test exams out there to help me prepare for the exam. Here is one i've found so far: http://gyaniakash.com/google-advertising-fundamentals-exam-practice-test/, this contains 75 questions and you can repeat it as many times as you want for free.

A quick summary of the 'real' fundamentals exam:
  • 120 minutes
  • 90 questions
  • 85% passing score
I've seen some posts on certain forums saying that the exam is 'open book', and in a way it is if you have printed out the information. To take the official exam, you will to download Google test browser, which locks your computer and prevents opening any other documents or websites. 

For me, the only problem is that this test browser is currently available for Windows and Mac, i'm a Linux user, something i kept with me from my Unix/Linux administration days. Not a huge problem as i know several people with Macs and Windows machines but something to be aware of if you are a Linux user.

Personally i would like to take the exam without any notes to really test my knowledge but not everyone is the same, so whatever suits you is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment